Silja Line from Helsinki to Stockholm Review!





About Silja Line

Silja Line is a Finnish sea traffic brand.
It operates cruise and ferry services between the Baltic countries and Sweden and Finland. If you travel to the countries mentioned above, you will ride it only once.
If you turn on Google Maps and look at these countries, you'll see why you need these vehicles. While traveling to these countries, I also took a ferry from Tallinn to Helshiki and used cruise from Helsinki to Stockholm.
As a traveler, there was no reason to refuse the Silja Line, a means to handle travel and accommodation at once.


I would like to explain about cruise ships going from Helsinki to Stockholm through this posting.




How to use Silja Line?

The way to use Silja Line is simple. You can enter the Silja line homepage and proceed with your reservation on the desired date. Of course, reservations are needed during the peak travel season, but not in the off-season.
I made a trip in June, but I made a reservation in advance because I was on my way to the peak season. Since the schedule was not long, it was a waste to spend time on tickets on the spot.
In case of a short section, you don't have to rent a room, but on a longer section, you have to rent a room because you ride cruise at night.
In Helsinki, the Stockholm section rented a room because it belonged to a long section and moved at night.
For your information, the cheapest room is a shared room, and it seems to be using a room with strangers. If you travel alone, I think shared room would be good. If you have a party, choose a different class of room.
In my case, I chose the cheapest C class room.



Review of Silja Line cruise

As I said before, I stayed C class room.
Personally, when I first entered the room, I was surprised because it was narrower than I thought. And there was no window so it was a little stuffy. So if you are using this cruise, I recommend that you take a more expensive class room with windows. Since it's only a cruise you've ridden once, I think you can spend a little more money.
In fact, the time in the room is not long because there is a lot of work to be done on this ship. So maybe it doesn't matter if it's just a cheap room.





I first rode Cruise, and I was surprised to have so many different things to see And I liked the inside because it was bigger than I thought. Not only shopping, but also eating and playing games. It was great.





On the deck, there is a place to buy and drink beer in the view of the outside.
I recommend drinking beer while watching the changing scenery.






When you book a Silja line, you can also buy a buffet inside. Due to the nightly nature of the ship's operation, the time to eat is uncertain. It was too early to have dinner before the cruise.
So we reserved a buffet together.
Since the dinner buffet has a long queue, I recommend you go early and get a seat. The more people there are, the more uncomfortable it is to eat food.







As a large portion of the food was prepared, it was not delicious because most of the food was displayed in advance.
You don't have to use a buffet, you might want to use another restaurant in the cruise, or buy some food and ride a cruise.
Of course, the buffet is definitely the most convenient option.





After mealtime, they perform for children. It is said that after the performance, the club will be turned into a club for adults.



If I have a chance to ride cruise next time, I would like to choose a better class room and enjoy it for a longer period of time.
If you travel to three Baltic countries or northern Europe, I recommend you ride it only once.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Seoul Botanic Park location, ticket price and opening hours

Seoul Botanic Park The garden opened in May 2018 and is one of the largest indoor botanical gardens in the world, with three main greenhous...